25 January - 04 February 2021
MODEST project team has actively started 2021 year by organizing several webinars for doctoral students.
First of all in order to have good preparation for establishment of Doctoral training centres and to start practical activities, MODEST team will have 2 webinars, where we looked on following topics:
- reasons for establishment of Doctoral Training Centers;
- problems in the training of PhD students have been improved through the creation of a DTC;
- how are PhD training programs developing and evolving at the DTC: who makes the decision and how the program is approved, the assessment of the effectiveness of the program (modules), interaction with internal and external partners, ensuring multidisciplinarity, etc.
- what are the requirements for the knowledge and skills of candidates who want to study at the DTC?
- management of the DTC and interaction with academic and industrial partners.
- networking and information sharing between the Doctoral Training Centers.
The following webinars were organised:
- UK Experience in DTC establishment, Irina Grigorieva, Professor of Physics at the University of Manchester: 25.01. at 16.00 LV time
- EIT Digital Helsinki Doctoral Training Center, Timo Sorsa, Co-location Centre Manager, EIT Digital: 04.02 at 10:00 o'clock LV time
UK Experience in DTC establishment
Besides that, on the 26st of January 2021, 14:00 pm of Helsinki time will be held the MODEST virtual zoom-event which will present the best lectures of developed PhD courses within the MODEST project for the Strand-B “Teaching and Learning”:
More details and video content is available on the page Meeting on PhD course development: Strand-B "Teaching and Learning".